Experienced Geoprofessionals and Excellent Service
From site assessment and compliance monitoring to spill prevention, our team of experienced geoenvironmental professionals provide a variety of environmental services to meet the specific needs of your project.
Environmental Site Assessments
- Phase I Site Assessments: For property transactions, S.W.COLE performs Phase I ESAs to identify potential or existing contamination at a site.
- Phase II Site Investigations: Our Phase II investigations, performed for property transactions and to develop contamination clean-up methods to meet environmental goals, include the evaluation of environmental site conditions.
- Vapor Intrusion Studies: Done in conjunction with site assessments, this service helps us identify the presence of potentially hazardous concentrations of volatile hydrocarbon contamination.
- Voluntary Response Action Program (VRAP): We help clients who want to participate in this Maine environmental program for investigation and remediation of contaminated sites.
Environmental Compliance Monitoring
This service involves the monitoring of soil, water, erosion control and other environmental conditions to meet the terms of the given permit (including landfill, wind farm construction, borrow pit, transfer station and other related permits).
We provide third-party inspectors who meet qualifications for certification in erosion and sedimentation control practices. Our third-party inspectors, acting as liaisons between the contractor and regulators, provide monitoring services ranging from initial erosion control implementation through final site stabilization.
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC). S.W.COLE provides SPCC plans which help prevent and clean up spills from oil storage tanks.
- Hazardous Waste Assessments and Site Closures. Our services include sampling for characterization testing in comparison to regulatory requirements. Services include volume estimates for disposal, oversight of removal activities by qualified contractors, verification sampling for site closure and reporting by qualified professionals.
- Underground Storage Tank Assessments. When performing a UST assessment, S.W.COLE performs a site characterization to evaluate environmental conditions. We can coordinate subcontractors for the pumping and cleaning of the existing tank (with characterization of the contents for disposal in accordance with regulatory requirements) as well as licensed tank installers / removers to remove the tank.